The Chicago 2016 Committee will probably spend $100 million to promote the bid. There are dozens of heavy hitters on the committee. It’s going to take a broad, grassroots campaign to STOP this terrible deal from being dumped on the people of Chicago.
TAKE ACTION NOW TO BUCK THE BID!
SUMMER NEWS FLASH:
CALL YOUR ALDERMAN – “NO GAMES! NO BLANK CHECK!’ ATTEND 2016 STAGED COMMUNITY MEETINGS AND DEMAND THE TRUTH!
TELL YOUR ALDERMAN TO VOTE FOR ALDERMAN FLORES BILL TO CAP THE OLYMPIC SPENDING. DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THIS PETITION AND GET YOUR NEIGHBORS TO SIGN IT. GIVE ONE COPY TO YOUR ALDERMAN (TAKE A PICTURE) – SEND THE PICTURE AND A COPY OF THE COMPLETED PETITION TO US AT NOGAMESCHICAGO@GMAIL.COM.
CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND TELL PRESIDENT OBAMA TO STAY HOME AND SOLVE OUR ECONOMIC CRISIS – NOT ADD TO IT BY THROWING A $5 BILLION PLUS PARTY WITH OUR MONEY.
CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AT 202-456-1111.
WRITE: THE WHITE HOUSE, 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE NW, WASHINGTON,DC 20500. Sample letter to the President.
USE THIS FORM TO EMAIL THE PRESIDENT – http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/.
P.O. Box 6815
Call us at 312-804-3230, Skype: tom.tresser
(3) Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/2016olympicbid
(6) Download, print and distribute our fact sheets:
To: International Olympic Committee
Chateau de Vidy
Telephone: (41.21) 621 61 11
Fax: (41.21) 621 62 16
(8) Post a video! Tell us why you think the Olympics would be a bad idea for Chicago. How would YOU use the $100 million that will be spent in an attempt to lure the games here? [YouTube account required]
(9) Contact Senator Durbin. He’s leading the “Pick Chicago” effort. Tell him to put his efforts into getting us OUT of the financial mess we’re in – not INTO another giant money pit!
(10) Contribute! Donate via PayPal.
(12) Invite us to speak at your event, organizational meeting or community forum.
(13) Join us! We need help organizing and getting out the truth about the disaster that befalls Olympic host cities.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 312-804-3230.
(14) And did we mention DONATE…?