No Games Chicago sent members of the IOC an email newsletter every day since Day 70 (70 days to the decision). Click here to view an archive of all the newsletters we sent to the IOC.
Here is what we delivered to the IOC when we went to Copenhagen (delivered on Thursday, October 1):
- IOC cover letter
- Chicago Tribune poll postcard – front, back
- Chicago Tribune Sept 3 09 Olympic opposition getting second wind as support in Chicago fades
- Chicago Tribune July 31 09 Chicago official predicts even worse budget problems in 2010
- Chicago Tribune Sept 19 09 Letter to Editor- League of Women Voters of Chicago opposes Chicago 2016
This pages contain documents and reports for members of the International Olympic Committee. We feel they need to get the full story on Chicago’s ability and desire to host the 2016 Olympics.
Articles referenced in our July 17 IOC Newsletter:
- 4 letters to the editor from the Chicago Tribune, July 17 – typical of the public’s sentiment toward the bid
- Chicago Sun-Times reports on Mayor Daley’s complaint on “dart throwing” and editorial saying that “if taxpayers are at risk, it’s not worth it.”
- “Pony Up: 2016 Olympics Will Cost You” column from prominent Chicago Tribune sports writer
- Chicago Tribune business writer’s skeptical report on 2016 heavily stage managed community meeting
- Citizen journalist’s report on a 2016 community meeting, urges 2016 staff to “bring their flak jackets” to future meetings
- Article on Mayor Daley’s contradictory statements on signing the Host City Contract. Is he lying to the people of Chicago or is he lying to the IOC?
- Crain’s Chicago Business reports on Mayor Daley’s misstatements
- Olympic Expenditure Cap Ordinance introduced by Alderman Manny Flores
- Article on the introduction of this ordinance
- Extensive article documenting that the Mayor and he 2016 Committee knew about the need to sign the Host City Contract well in advance of their “surprise” announcement in Lausanne
- Extensive article documenting that the Mayor and he 2016 Committee knew about the need to sign the Host City Contract and asks “What will be showcasing? Cost overruns? Clout? Corruption?”
Articles referenced in earlier newsletters:
- 2016 Committee press release announcing “Olympic Week” – Olympic Week
- Washington Post story exposing 2016 Committee leader coercing public schools to support “Olympic Week” – CPS Board President coerces support for 2016 bid
- Mayor Daley refuses to release public documents – Mayor keeps secrets
- Difficulties in Olympic housing finance.
- Governor must hike tax or slash spending.
- $50 billion price tag to fix aging rail transit.
- Ten Pieces of U.S. infrastructure we must fix now.
- Mayor Daley sees intensifying storm in economy.
- Chicago law enforcement ties to organized crime.
- Chicago’s state of corruption.
- Protests cause Prentice Womens Hospital delays.
- Lakefront potholes proliferate.
- University of Chicago economist urges games backers to put up own money.