No Games Chicago delegates went to Copenhagen in October to deliver materials and messages to the International Olympic Committee!
INVITE A NO GAMES ORGANIZER TO YOUR NEXT COMMUNITY MEETING!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPRESENTATIVE FROM NO GAMES CHICAGO TO SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING, PLEASE CALL US AT 312-804-3230 OR EMAIL US AT NOGAMESCHICAGO@GMAIL.COM.
We can address the following issues:
– How we organized a trip to Lausanne, Switzerland to deliver 100 copies of our “Book of Evidence” to the members of the International Olympic Committee
– How the finances for the games don’t add up and would result in ruinous debt for the city and its taxpayers.
– How the bid relies on taking public assets – including priceless public parks – and privitizing police, highways and other essential services to serve the games.
– How poor and working class families near Douglas Park, Jackson Park and Washington Park will be squeezed out of their communities by the games.
– How other cities have been adversely affected by hosting the games – including Vancouver, which is on the verge of bankruptcy, and London, whose 2012 games are already $9 billion OVER budget!
– How the entire civic architecture of Chicago, meaning nonprofit organizations tat are supposed to be looking out for the public good, have been co-opted or intimidated into supporting the 2016 bid.
Some of the places we’ve already been:
Lawndale Alliance, Hyde Park Chicago Center for Urban Life & Culture, Art In Action Community Forum, University of Illinois at Chicago, Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Forum.